This Cheesecake actually takes more time and effort to make. However, its appearance is absolutely elegant and pretty.
Yield: 8 servings
1 store-bought pre-made oreo crust (save the lid) - graham cracker crust works too
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/3 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
12 oz. cream cheese (1 1/2 pkg.), softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
6 oz. white chocolate, chopped or 1 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, whisk together 1 Tbsp
granulated sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Stir in cold water
and add raspberries.
3. Cook over medium heat whisking frequently, until mixture reaches a boil.
4. Allow mixture to gently boil about 5 minutes
whisking constantly and reducing temperature slightly if necessary to
reduce splattering, until sauce has thickened.
5. Remove from heat and force sauce through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl to remove seeds, set aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and granulated sugar until fluffy, about 1 minute.
7. Mix in egg and egg white. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Set mixture aside.
8. Melt white chocolate with cream in a double boiler
until melted and smooth, or melt in a microwave safe bowl in the
microwave on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each
interval until melted and smooth.
9. Add melted chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and blend until smooth.
10. Pour 2/3 cup cheesecake mixture into the oreo crust and spread evenly over bottom.
11. Drizzle or spoon with 2 Tbsp raspberry sauce.
Slowly ladle remaining cheesecake mixture over the drizzled raspberry
sauce, covering all the raspberry sauce (you just don't want it to show
12. Swirl cheesecake with a toothpick or knife (your
just swirling that inside layer of sauce for now, be careful not to let
the sauce show through). Carefully jiggle the pan to even out the top.
13. Now, fill a clean medicine syringe with raspberry sauce and begin to pipe small circles in a swirl pattern over cheesecake.
14. Take a toothpick or sharp pointy knife and
beginning with the center circle, run the toothpick through the center
of each heart (don't lift the toothpick out until you finish the last
15. Bake cheesecake for 40 minutes, then turn oven off and leave cheesecake in the oven for 5 more minutes.
16. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
17. Cover with saved lid and refrigerate until fully set about 6 hours.
18. Top slices with remaining raspberry sauce and optional sweetened whipped cream.